Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Excuses excuses

I know, I know, I missed a week. But I've been busy. Well kinda. Mostly I've been logging major hours into my biggest project, which is also a secret. It's almost (ish done) but a very time consuming project. As you will see.....someday. I can't tell you when. *so mysterious!*

But I've also been working on a few other little things which are here.


To begin, I made a couple little domestic goodies for my mom.
I've been playing around with some new things, so I used patterns for these. 

First, it's a removable / washable Swiffer cover! It can also be reversed for a more flat / scrubby side if you so choose. The tie and bow to keep it on tight was my contribution, but you can find the pattern here. Also, I used one kind of yarn, (variegated) instead of two.





Second, a pot holder. My mom is a big fan of red and black. Can you tell? The pattern calls for 4 colors, but I tweaked it for just the 2. You can find the pattern I started with here.


Last but not least, a little kitschy decorative pillow, for a special guy I know. He's a big fan of Halo, and was rather psyched. No pattern, just a very pixelized picture and some graph paper. 


In other news, I started a new job today. Woo! So far, I really like it, but it's definitely going to cut into my hooking time. So we'll have to see what happens. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment