Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Which came first? The cats or the yarn?

Izzy
(my princess)


Can someone please explain to me the correlation between cats and yarn? 


I understand that to be a cat means you must be unequivocally fascinated by yarn. It's in their blood.
That's not what I'm talking about.


What I would like to know is why are people who knit and crochet, (aka "yarn people") more likely to have a cat than a dog?


They don't even have to actually own a pet. From my experience, if someone knits or crochet's they are more cat friendly than dog friendly. 
Maybe it's a demeanor thing? But I don't believe that, because cats, dogs, and people alike come with a wide spectrum of personalities.


Is this even true? It could just be me, but it just seems that "cat people" and "yarn people" seem to, quite often, be the same people.


So am I getting this idea from the dozen or so people that I can think of? Or is this a universal thing?
Am I just assuming incorrectly there are masses of people like me? 




~No new projects to put up at the moment. I've got a handful of things "in progress" so I thought I'd try my hand at a more narrative blog.~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment